Top 7 places to Check for Animal Prevention
The first thing about prevention is to educate yourself. Doing a basic scan of your home looking for small cracks or holes helps, but you should know specifically where and what to look for. Let’s take a glance at seven of the most common areas. The order can change from house to house.
- The Chimney – It’s an open hole begging animals to come inside. Make sure to add a chimney cap or wire mesh to keep birds at bay.
- The Roof – Aside from the chimney, be sure to look at every point of intersection. Squirrels will jump at the opportunity to find a safe nesting spot.
- Exhaust Vents – Vents from your oven or bathroom are a keen attractor of outside pests.
- The Porch – Even though it’s technically an outside room, that gives animals a chance to be one step closer to invading your actual home.
- Your Deck – The same idea as the porch, but with a twist. Many burrowing animals can get comfy under the deck and slowly burrow towards your home for warmth. You don’t want the smell of a raccoon that close to your home.
- Trees Close to Your Home – If you have a tree with overhanging branches, be sure to routinely check your roof for signs of infestation.
- Attic – Your attic is a safe and warm spot for animals to nest. Squirrels usually come back every year to their same nesting spot. Don’t let them get comfortable.
If you have checked all of these places and still worry about animal control, that’s where we come in. Our experts will come and sweep your house and look for any sign of pests. Our team is fully licensed and insured by the state of Georgia’s Department of Natural Resources and is ready to help!