Fall is the perfect time for camping. However, when you wake up to your food strewn across the table or bags chewed through, you might start thinking otherwise. Critters have a way of secretly destroying your camp site; but you can out smart them! So here’s how:
- Bring a cooler that locks. Animals are coming to you for one thing only; food. So bring a cooler that locks! Leaving food open on the table or in your tent is an open invitation. Keep the cooler locked and put it somewhere in high elevation or in your car to be safe.
- Bring fabric softener. Didn’t know? The smell of fabric softeners can deter wild animals away. Spread them around everywhere, from the campfire to your tent. Hint: it can also disguise the smell of food!
- Bring flashlights. Shine a light on your furry friends and they’re sure to take off running.
- Use heavy duty trash bags. A lot of camp sites don’t provide garbage cans, which means your trash can end up close to your tents. If so, buy heavy duty trash bags and layer them up for full protection.
- Use a repellent. There are a ton of critter repellents out there. Here are a few we highly recommend! Most are made with natural ingredients that won’t harm you or the animals.
Camping is one thing, but having critters take over your home or business is another. So call in a professional! Critter Busters services both commercial and residential areas. We’re based in Acworth, GA but service all of the Greater Atlanta Area. Give us a call at 404-975-2543 or visit our site for more info. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!