We all love fall…the crisp leaves, bonfires, hot cocoa and chilly nights. But there’s one thing we don’t like, and that’s critters. Most pests thrive in the summer; which means come fall, they’ll be seeking shelter in warm places. Don’t let your home be one of them!
What are some kinds of damage pests can cause?
- Rodents cause diseases that can cause structural damage to your property by gnawing through wires, which can cause house fires.
- Cockroaches also spread disease and their droppings and saliva can trigger asthma attacks, especially in young children.
- Brown recluse spiders will bite if threatened, injecting venom that can be dangerous to those with allergic reactions.
What kinds of precautions can I take?
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors.
- Repair damaged screens.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Seal cracks on the outside of your home, especially where utilities and pipes enter.
- Store food in containers and take out the trash regularly.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Get rid of all sites of moisture, like leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.
- Keep shrubbery well-trimmed.
The last precaution to take is to call a licensed professional, like us! We know all about fall critter control and will make sure your house is pest free this season. Give us a call at 404-372-1645. You can also check out our specific animal control pages or our available services page.