It’s something that all homeowners hope to never deal with, but more often than not, it happens to the best of us. A rodent problem. But the signs aren’t always obvious that we have a critter problem, so how can we determine for ourselves? Critter Busters, located in Acworth, GA, has these warning signs to look out for!
Warning Signs of a Rodent Problem
- Check for chewing. From wires to insulation, check all of the things for unfamiliar wear and tear. This might be an indication that a rat or squirrel has been chewing on them.
- Droppings. This is a pretty sure sign that an unwelcome guest might be inhabiting your home.
- What time of year is it? Cooler months tend to push these pests from the outdoors and into where it is a bit warmer. Start looking for warning signs when the weather cools.
- Sounds that go bump in the night. If you are hearing strange noises like scratching or scurrying, it might be a signal to call in the experts. Often times, homeowners will not see the critters, but they might hear them.
- Stains and Smells. Are you finding inexplicable stains around your home? Or can’t seem to get rid of that smell no matter how often you clean? This too, might be another sign that you have a furry little roommate.