As winter approaches, insects and furry animals are looking for a warm place to stay. This often means your home; so who should you be on the lookout for? Here are the critters we’ve noticed are most active in the winter.
- Rodents. These animals can cause damage to your walls, attic and insulation if you don’t look carefully. Be on the lookout for unusual noises and droppings around your home.
- Cockroaches. These are quick critters and can hide in unusual places. For more on keeping cockroaches out, click here!
- Ants. These insects are enticed by food, so make sure your counter tops are clean, you’re vacuuming regularly, sweeping floors, and food is stored in a way in containers.
- Raccoon’s. Having food or debris close to the outside of your home is a no-go if you want to keep raccoon’s out! Make sure your trash can is far from your house as well as any fallen limbs or other debris.
- Squirrels. Squirrels make way into your home by ways you wouldn’t even think; they’re very smart! They often come through by jumping from tree limbs onto your roof, and then make way to the attic. Cut tree limbs if they are close to your home.
Need a little extra help? Call in the Critter Busters! We’re professionals at clearing out critters and giving you the peace of mind of a pest free home. Give us a call at (404) 372-1645 or check out our services online! You can also stay up to date on our Facebook for all kinds of tips to keep critters OUT!